Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Avengers : H@wkIce?

So, people all around the world are going crazy over "Avengers". Hey, I don't wanna be left out. So, I made a simple (extremely simple) wallpaper for my laptop (it ain't even mine actually, it's my bro's, I'm just borrowing and make it like my own XD). So, here's how it looks like:
Edited* H@wkIce wallpaper
Very simple right? Haha, I'm not a designer and never had talent in arts anyway, so this is good enough for me. Wished I could do better but that's all I could manage for now. XD. Anyway, I haven't watch Avengers yet and I didn't really know much about Marvel characters. As for the wallpaper, there are some reason I did such a wallpaper. Well, lets talk about it. Hopefully you find it interesting (even if you don't feel interested, I'm writing it anyway :-P)

First, I obviously chose HawkIceEye. Why? Well, I don't know why but ever since a few years back, the kind of character I like is always archers or rangers or hunters, those using bows and arrows, any kind of bow, crossbow or composite bow, any. However, don't mistaken me for those who likes projectile-based character as I'm only into bow and arrows, not cannon, not guns, or darts, but maybe cards, if you have card-based projectiles. So, that's why I had chosen HawkEye.

Second, I think all my blog reader basically know why I chose the name Justin. If you don't, it's because that's my nickname. It's pretty easy to guess huh? And no, I didn't pick up that nickname because of Justin Bieber or other famous Justin. I just happen to pick up that name when watching a drama long ago as a teenage. The name HawkEye was also modified to H@wkIce (btw, @ refers to the horus eye I used). So, the @, the horus eye from the ancient egypt (btw, I like using the font papyrus for an unknown reason), I chose that because that's the only eye I could think of to fill in the blank which looks cool enough. As for the 'Ice' that replaced 'Eye', well, I just have a thing for ice (thus the name Jay Ice), cold, frozen (thus the name frozen time for this blog) and anything related. Maybe I just used that because I tried to hide my expression behind cold expression (which obviously fail, some people think I'm arrogant while others think I'm... ... funny... how on earth am I funny? I just don't understand that).

Third, the bow and arrow. Well, that's the symbol for an archer/hunter/ranger right? Anyway, that was just a product of googling. It's by no mean the bow and arrow used by HawkEye in the movie. I can't find the one he's using. His looked somehow high-tech (in my opinion). I like the wings though. 

Fourth, the black background and the green font. Well, mes amis probably know I LOVE green. Don't you dare wear any nice green clothes or I'll have green eyes. Btw, I'm just a green horn in blogging, thus the poor look. And no, I don't have the green thumb. Btw, do support green lung :-) Oh, the black background? Well, I'm Mr. Emo. That's why lol. No, seriously, I like black too, other than green, maybe because it was how I used to view life. Now that I no longer view life as dark, I still like that color. Hmm... well, sometimes, the past is hard to let go, but then, we can keep our past as a reference for the future. We don't have to discard the past. It is what makes us who we are now :-)

*edited, I just went to look up the eye of horus and guess what? It's related to green YEAH! How is it related? Well, the eye is personified by the goddess Wadjet (wadj is green)*
 **edited: I added the most important element that was left out! OMG! How could I forget the most important element of all! A four-leaved clover. Why is it the most important? First, it is a "four"-leaved clover. FOUR! I love number 4 and yes I'm a chinese, there's nothing wrong with number 4. I'm born on the 4.4.1990 and there's nothing wrong with me. Secondly, it's a green colored plant. It's GREEN! I did mentioned how I loved green didn't I? So, lets skip that. Third and last but not the least. It signifies good luck. GOOD LUCK! That's one of the most powerful thing I even experienced, GOOD LUCK! My whole life surrounds good luck - my exam result especially.

Well, that's all for this post. Oh, To show or not to show? Part 4. is coming soon~

2 comments:

  1. You like archers? No wonder you are friends with Adelleen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've always like archers. Only now you know, hahahaha~

      Delete