Sunday, September 11, 2011

Not So Alone After All

Yo~ Earthlings. This post today is on whatever had happened from yesterday up until today. So, yesterday I was in KK airport, waving goodbye to my parent as I head into the waiting lounge. Waiting there alone, I felt... of course alone. I was wondering, once I reach Penang, I'll have to find a way or another to get to USM and I need to get back fast because I'm afraid the dorm's office will be closed if I'm late. When lonely, I tend to think a lot into the past and the future which could be really tiring since I tend to think of how I could have made the past better than it had been and how I wanted the future to turn out but it turned out the opposite way. I may seem like a loner most of the time, being not so close with anyone else. However, that is all because I never know what topic to start a conversation with and I tend to think of all sort of reply a person would give(as I said earlier about thinking of the future). Even when a conversation had already started, I'd still take too long to warm up because I'm still in a lonely mood and as such still thinking of all sort of things that should be said and all sorts of replies that may arise. Well, then, why was the post entitled "Not So Alone After All"?


Well, once I reach Penang airport, I head over to the place we wait for our luggage. As I was waiting there, feeling lonely, I started looking around, trying to make myself preoccupied. It was at that moment that a person approach from behind me and we both exchanged surprised expression. It was a friend from back in Form 6. (We were actually in the same flight but we didn't see each other). He sat next to me back in Form 6 but due to my introverted nature we seldom talk to each other. As he was also alone at the moment, we talked a bit. I guess it was kinda hard for him to converse with me considering my continual pause here and there(thinking of what else to say to continue the conversation). Anyway, despite not conversing much, it was a relief that I'm not alone there. Afterwards, we head out but since the airport was undergoing renovation, we got lost. lol. He told me his friend will fetch him later. I then asked a man about whether the Rapid Penang goes to USM but I was told that the further it goes is Sg. Nibong. The friend then told me he could ask his friend whether he could fetch me over to USM. It was nice of them to help me. His friend even sent me right until the dorm.

Well, that was very fortunate but the unfortunate thing is that... it's past 5pm and thus I'd expected the office to have closed. I went to check. Indeed it was already closed but that's because it wasn't even open that very day. It will only be open the nest day which is today. Imagine the horror. No place to stay for the night? I phone another friend who I know had moved in to his dorm room. Unfortunately, he is out enjoying life. I then tried getting help from another friend. He had a meeting somewhere not very far from there but still a certain distance away. I'm starting to feel real tired and lonely again. I sms-ed my best friend for help. He's willing to help. At that minute, I saw a familiar face. It was a senior. My best friend's direct senior. Apparently he'd just arrive the very afternoon and thus can't get his dorm room key either but he's getting help from yet another friend. I later asked the other friend and was lucky that he's willing to let me spend the night at his place. How lucky that I'm not alone that night too since I met the senior.

Today, my roommate is back, so I'm not really alone. However in the evening, a friend of mine who help me hold on to some of my belongings are coming over to hand me back my stuff when my roommate went out. Since I had to wait for my stuff, I can't go with my roommate. Loneliness.... After getting my stuff, I headed out for dinner.... alone.... I was feeling very lonely when I think that it might rain. So, I head back to get an umbrella before heading out again. This time, on my way out, I met another friend. We're not very close either, never really talked much. We went for dinner together. I were relieved. I'm not so alone after all.

In all three situation, I was somehow left alone without those closer to me around. However, fate has brought people I know to accompany me even though we're all not so close. I'm really grateful that despite being not so close, they were willing to accompany me, a boring person who seldom talk or even reply. Maybe I should be more outgoing and spend more time with these people I know who aren't so close to me and get to know them better. Well, for now, that's just thoughts, I'm still unable to really let go of the inhibition and start a conversation. That's probably the downside of great imagination. Haha. (I'm not actually that imaginative but I can come up with various reaction of a certain person to a single line of conversation in my mind).

No comments:

Post a Comment