Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sam Tsui - For Good

So, I heard this song also when browsing around listening to Sam's songs. Apparently, this song was from "Wicked" and the front part which includes the name of the character in "Wicked" had been omitted in Sam's version. Anyway, I'd picked this song because of the lyric which caught my attention. Surely enough, there are people who were brought into our lives to change us for the good. As the saying goes, no experience is bad, all of them will build our character --- anonymous. This song, I'd like to dedicate to all those people who had appeared in my life especially my friends. Thanks for being my friend and sorry for being such a mean friend to you.

LYRIC

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn(be it from happiness of sadness)
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow(It's just that we never realize)
If we let them
And we help them in return(Everything in the world is two way, never one)
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...(Indeed, I'm who I am because of you)

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun(I just happen by chance)
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood(who knows if it will happen)
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good(I'm changed person because of you)

It well may be
That we will never meet again(If that's what is fated)
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part(Although I may not be able to say it face to face)
So much of me
Is made from what I learned from you(You've taught me too much)
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart(Impossible for me to forget)
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...(thanks for being my friend and being patient with my antics)

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

Because I knew you
I have been changed for good

And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness(I'm indeed sorry for everything, I'm too immature and egoistic)
For the things I've done you blame me for
(there are too much I guess that I've did wrong)

But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share(Of course, not all are my fault)
And none of it seems to matter anymore
(but if this is the end, who cares whose fault were they)

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood

Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

And because I knew you...

Because I knew you...

Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...

No comments:

Post a Comment