Friday, May 4, 2012

To show or not to show? Part 2.

So, this is part 2 of my "To show or not to show?" posts. Part 1 was on... er... eheheheh*scratching back of the neck* ...NO! I didn't forget! It was on... *check back on previous post* ...ehem, it was on sadness. Hahahaha! I seriously didn't forget. What? Don't look at me with those suspecting eyes. Je sais, je sais, I took some time before saying it. It's not because I forget mind you, I was giving you chance to recall it yourself. Haha! Yea, that's why~ Anyway, part two is about... err... *noticing all the staring* ... what?! I didn't forget!!! I was err... giving you time to wonder.... XD yes, that's what I was doing. So, it was on... *mind start going rewind like a cd player* ...ahah! as one of my friend guessed, it was on happiness! So, on to the post.

Well, lets start off with what ways we can use to express happiness. The most common nowadays would be... well, you all know it, you do it all the time... post it on facebook... for those with twitter, tweet about it... then, we have those who smile wide all over the place (tho' some people smile even when they are not happy), erm, then, we have those who boast about the things that make them happy (particularly achievements...*feels chill down the spine* ...what? Me? err... I guess I can't deny I'm under this category... :'( I'm desperate for achievements!!!! *going crazy*), and some other methods that I can't think of right now, maybe you tell me how you express happiness.

Anyway, then, back to whether or not we should show this happiness. Well, firstly, facebook status is okay, but strictly keep to 1, one, 一个, satu, une, senginan, jit le, ichi, sigek, yat ko, not more! (anyway, correct me if my spelling for those 1's are wrong, btw, it's in numbers, english, chinese, malay, french, bisaya, hokkien, japanese, iban and cantonese). More than that and it gets annoying (Je sais, je sais, I get annoyed easily). Aussi, for those who connects their twitter to their facebook, updating the status on both network result in 2 on facebook if you don't realise yet (just saying). As for smiling, it's fine I guess, it's just a friendly gesture to smile, so no one should get offended by that except if someone just had a bad thing happening to him/her and is super depressed but you came and smile wide with that stupid grin, he/she might punch you in the face leaving you with a stupid panda like smile(if you understand what I mean). As for those boasters (and that applies to me =_=") , you are annoying.... (o.O! I'm annoying... T.T).  So, stop it....

Wait, did I just advised against expressing happiness? Err, that's not what I was supposed to say... I tend to exaggerate sometimes, hehehe, anyway, there are times and place as well as people to consider when expressing happiness. Lets first focus on time. Choose an appropriate time to express happiness. "Yes, we know you just won an i-pad X, but can you wait until the next morning to call us and express your happiness? It's pass midnight!" That's one example of a bad timing. Then, lets see how place plays a role in this case:
Me : Oh yeah! I won an i-pad X! Bet you don't have it! Yeah! Who's the boss? Who's the boss? Yeah~ I'm the boss~
Friend : Shhhh... can you keep quiet?
Me : You're jealous aren't you? Oh, yeah~ you are jealous~ yeah~ yeah~ I have an i-pad X! *dancing on the table*
Lecturer : Justin! Out of the exam hall! You are barred from taking the exam! And give me that! (snatches i-pad X)
Me : My my~ Prof Jay is jealous~ ooohhh~ I won an i-pad X and prof is jealous~
Friend : (facepalm)
annndddd... that's an example of wrong place. *who would express such happiness in the exam hall anyway? Lastly to whom should you express your happiness.
Me : I won an i-pad X!
Not-really-friend : (snatch and smash to the ground)
i-pad X : ouch, that's painful...
Me : (muet....*french for speechless)
That's an example of the wrong person. Another example:
Me : I won an i-pad X! Woohoo!
Maybe-a-friend : You did? Let me see. (snatches and plays with it)
*After a year....
Me : Can I have my i-pad X back, now?
Maybe-a-friend : What kind of friend are you? I just borrowed for a while and you want it back ALREADY? I'm so bla...bla... bla.. bla.. bla... bla...
Me : *Oh God Why?

So, conclusion is, you can try to express you happiness but make sure it's the right time, the right place and to the right person. What? I never gave example on any of the right ones, only the wrong ones? Well, go find out yourself dude. I lost 2 i-pad Xs, I ain't gonna try with different settings, I might lost more. It ain't easy to win an i-pad X you know. And I know I'm lucky to win three times just to lose all of them.... T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment