Friday, April 27, 2012

To show or not to show? Part 1.

So, I'm posting two posts in a day, weird huh? Well, after so long I didn't blog, today, there's a whole lot of things going on in my brain that I feel like sharing in this deserted blog. Anyway, back to the post, "To show or not to show?" Show what? Show our feelings. And by feelings, I mean the sad ones to be exact. Erm, why did I name the post as "To show or not to show? Part 1."? Well, there 'might' be a part 2 or maybe 3. I haven't decide yet on the number of parts, but there sure are a whole lot of feelings we could feel and there are times we are not sure whether or not to show them to others. Well, then....

Sad feelings. How do we show them? We put on a sad face, we cry, we tell people, we complain, we put on an angry face (wait, that isn't showing sadness, that is concealing sadness with anger, wrong category), we write sad poems and post them all over facebook, we tweet about it, we share tumbler posts on sadness, we withdraw from others (wait, that isn't showing sadness either, that is escaping reality, wrong category), we... (argh, out of words, now what? Ahah!) etc, etc.... (that will have to do XD). So, how exactly do we know when to show it or who to show it to? Well, the best answer for me would be never to show it to anyone at all except.... Ahah! there's an exception... except to the people you can trust. 

So, the most common way we show sadness is by putting a sad face. That's very common. Too common as a matter of fact. And for me, that's okay. It doesn't matter. This kind of sadness can be shown to everyone (note: I am not sad everyday although I may look like it, I just have social awkwardness whereby I don't know what facial expression to wear in public which result in all sort of negative expression, and yes, I'm not angry either, it's actually a confused expression). Some of us may resort to posting all sort of stuff on it, tweet about it, tumbler and stuff. That's probably okay, but then, maybe it's not. It may seem pretty normal, but no, it isn't. I did that a lot, and never realised how abnormal it is, until.... (drum roll)... I see my facebook wall full of post on sad things all over the world (okay, I was exaggerating, it wasn't from all over the world, just from my friend on facebook, and yes, I don't have much friends. Hey so what if I have not much friends. Don't judge me by the amount of my friends! Opps! Sorry, I'm complaining hehehe*scratch back of the neck*). Anyway, it's pretty annoying, sorry to say this, many people probably felt like I'm stabbing them. No, I'm not. Seriously, I'm just voicing out 'my' thoughts and it might not be a universal truth. It's merely 'my' opinion and you, yes you, are not by any mean to change because of 'my' opinion. You are who you are. Be who you are. But instead of posting all sort of weird post on facebook, why not try solving problems, can someone you can trust and talk about it, it's better than spamming walls with posts. Okaaaay, I better stop there or else many people will try to kill me after this. Anyway, this isn't the main focus of my post today anyway, erm... although it did came out quite long.... hehehehe *scratch~ scratch~*

The kind of sadness I'm referring to here to be exact is the kind shown through tears. Yes, I mean crying be it crying softly with snots all over your face or crying out loud that all the windows and glasses broke into pieces. Crying may be normal for girls, well, maybe not, I don't know, I ain't a girl by any mean, but I believe it is more common than guys crying, and I believe we all agree with that. So, crying, should it be shown to others? Well, as I said earlier, in 'my' opinion, it is best not shown with certain exception. Why? Firstly, there are several kind of people around us. One are those who feel sad when you cry, they feel sympathy, they feel like there should be something they can do for you, they want to help you, they are your friend and they want to do what ever they can for you. These are the kind of people you can trust and you can cry in front of them, but better don't. Why? Well, you'll just make them worry, those poor souls, you are sad and you make them all sad as well (not that they mind, but if I'm you, I would mind a lot making others sad on my behalf). The second kind of person is the kind who want to help you, want to support you, want to do things for you, but.... BUT! they don't really mean it, they are just busybody. They would come and say, "are you okay? what happened?" "I just broke up with xyz" "Is it? that so sad. Never mind, you deserve better ones." *Oh my god~ they broke up~ this is hot news~ ohhhh~* This kind of people is not the kind to be trusted. How to differentiate between those two? I don't know. That why I choose not to really show any sadness to others. Anyway, they say girls have strong 6th sense (is that true? girls, reply!), maybe that could help. Anyway, the third kind of person, they don't show any concern at all but deep inside, they are laughing "Mwahahahahaha~ I love seeing others suffer, you always look so great, so marvelous, so handsome/beautiful, so clever, so lucky, now is your downfall, MWAHAHAHAHA... uhuk... uhuk.... *cough*" This is a scary kind, don't ever ever show sadness in front of them... (erm, if you know they are this kind of person that is... not like you would... unless... well... 6th sense?) And last but not least, those who really don't care at all. "So what? You are sad? Been through hardship? Are you the only one? No one else does? Hmm..." Well,this one basically don't care what you feel but they despise your lack of emotional control or lack of the aforementioned. Don't show anything to them... 

Well, anyway, in 'my' opinion, it best not to show sadness to others, unless you can't help it. Breaking down is the first step towards renovation. A building had to be broken down or dismantle before it can be renovated into something better (err, maybe not always, but usually). Don't be afraid to break down. But don't break down all the time. That's too extreme. To those who ever had someone breakdown in front of you, believe that those person trusted you, don't betray their trust. :-) Err, am I talking nonsense? Maybe lol. Anyway, thanks for reading, and for wasting your time on this meaningless post. Mwahahahaha!

*edited, forgot to include earlier lol, I said girls crying is more common than guys, right? But guys do cry, believe it or not. (I'm not saying me!!!! Don't look at me with those eyes.) Anyway, the point is, if, I said if, this rarely happen, but it does, if a guy cry in front of you, he must really really trust you, because guys are more egoistic than girls, they rather die than show that weak side of them such as crying in front of anyone. So, if he does, don't ever, ever, break the trust, because you have just gotten a trust that can hardly be earned by anyone at all. A guy's tear is never to be shared with just anyone, to be able to see one is an honour (is that too exaggerated?).... Anyway, just don't break the trust, remember. (And stop looking at me with those eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment