Friday, July 22, 2011

Corrine May - Angel In Disguise

I first know of Corrine May from my best friend. He was looking for "Five Loaves And Two Fishes" by Corrine May. Later on, someone posted some other songs by Corrine. I've listened to them and all of them sounded so nice. Corrine's song are mostly inclined towards having faith and praise in the Almighty. She has a wonderful talent and seeing that her songs are nice, I went to look for more on Youtube and that's when I stumbled upon this song - "Angel In Disguise". It immediately attracted me just like a north pole to a south pole. Personally, I have a fear of the society, of anyone I don't know and doubt many things because in this chaotic world right now, anything can be a slander, anyone could be harmful, we just don't know. However, deep inside, I still believe that there are nice people, people who are indeed kind and not pretending to be so. People who help you without wanting anything in return. Those who was brought into our lives to guide us. Those who helps us because they just like helping others. However, this kind of people are rare, especially as the world has become more and more realistic and materialistic. People do things with motives. Sometimes, I do think that if you do good things because God tells you so, it still is with a motive and that's to get approval from God. So, I used to wonder, without wanting approval from anyone, without the fear towards the Almighty, could anyone actually do good out of their own pure will? I guess I'll never know. I for one seldom help others. And I'm full of motives when I do things. I'm one of those bad example(admitting still don't make me feel any better). Helping others makes me feel good, it does but I still can't deny that I help people with motives, wanting approval and such. I'm not really into materialistic returns mind you, I just want gratitude from others. That's my main motive when I usually help others. Joining the community service, I don't know what got into me. Maybe I wanted more gratitude? But being there for a year, I don't feel anything much. Maybe I wasn't really helping, so I don't feel the goodness in it. Ah, but still I can't let go of every motives when doing things. OMHG! I've been babbling a lot! Okay, lyric after the jump!

LYRIC

I woke up this morning feeling kind of blue(I always do)
and I stumbled out of bed and
dragged my feet across the room
Right outside my front door was a rose
and a note that said 'Somebody Loves You'(That's kinda creepy actually, a stalker?)

Oh~ But out on the street it starts to pour(oh, so unlucky)
and before I get soaking wet,
A total stranger runs to give me
the jacket off his back(that's do kind)
I turn around to thank him
But he waves me with a smile
And I can hardly believe my eyes(what happened?)
He puts on a halo and starts to fly(OMG! An angel!)

Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise(It's kinda hard, the world is harsh)
You could be next to
an angel in disguise(maybe)

I met a good friend for lunch
and we had a delicious meal
But I forgot to bring my wallet
I felt like an imbecile(I'd feel like dying that instance)
But she was sweet, she gave me a treat and
Bought me a chicken sandwich
To take home for tea(wow, even bought food for tea, really sweet)

Oh~ But out on the street with nothing to eat
A man and his shopping cart go
Traveling to places
Collecting social graces
I give him my sandwich(I'm afraid of strangers)
and we chatter for a while(the horror!)
I see a rainbow wash over his eyes(rainbow?)
He gives me his halo and
I start to fly(OMG! Another angel!)

Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise
You could be next to
an angel in disguise

Don't try to hide away from me(Ya, show yourself)
I know you're by my side

Oooh~~

Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look at Paradise
You could be next to
an angel in disguise
Everyday can be legendary(Hopefully)
Every minute, an endless surprise(But surprises could also be bad)
You could be the next angel in disguise(If just I can throw away all my motives)

I woke up this morning
Feeling kind of new(When will I feel this?)

No comments:

Post a Comment